Remote Desktop Connect

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jessep28, Jan 9, 2008.

1. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

I'm using the Intel version of RDC.

Is it a default in this application to structure the user name when logging in remotely via RDC as //computer name/user (or something similar)?

I ask this in that RDC will try to login to my work machine with the both the computer name and username in the username box. After a login attmpt and error I can adjust the user to be just the username and login just fine.

If I delete the VNC number (Computer Name) from the Domain field when entering my username/password before login, the computer name is removed but the username is still structured wrong.

I would like to customize this so I don't have forward slashes, computer names or any other formatting preventing a successful login on one try.

After I get home this evening, I can provide some screen shots to show what I am talking about.

Thank you.

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

If you can, that would help. I dont have that showing on mine so I'm curious how its getting that. What version of RDP are you using?

3. jessep28 thread starter macrumors 6502

jessep28

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Hmm...curious. I have the same version and I dont get that. I'm guessing you have downloaded it again and replaced the existing one?

5. jessep28 thread starter macrumors 6502

jessep28

6. jessep28 thread starter macrumors 6502

jessep28

I was a little wrong but here is what's happening:

[​IMG]