Remote Desktop Connection Questions? Compatability, Experience, VPNs??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by roland.g, Jan 17, 2008.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Is Remote Desktop Connection 2.0 Beta for Intel Macs compatable with 10.5 Leopard?

And does anyone have experience using it, (even in 10.4).

I am looking to work remotely from home sometimes using my iMac to connect into my PC at work. I don't know how well this will or won't work. Obviously I need to set up a VPN in, etc. from my work network and log in to that from home prior to using RDC to take over my machine.

Does the VPN client/window in OS X work well with most XP Server Software VPNs or will I need a separate client. And are there Mac clients?

2. Stratification macrumors regular

Not sure about your VPN questions (just using the Cisco client for my needs). The RDC beta works great for me though, I use it nearly every day on my Leopard system to connect to my home server and for remote office work over VPN. Haven't really had any issues at all. Using RDC and Spaces in Leopard works great, just switch back and forth between my Mac desktop and the Windows one.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Awesome, thanks for that. Hadn't thought of spaces. That's great. Do you ever lose your connection?

All I guess I need now is to figure out if the VPN will work well for me.

4. Stratification macrumors regular

I've had it drop the connection occasionally, but then I've always attributed that to Leopard since the wireless seems a bit wonky. Since the settings are saved in RDC, though, I just re-connect and I'm back up in moments.