Remote Desktop from PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hoverX, May 13, 2009.

1. hoverX macrumors member

What kind of software is available for the mac that would let me remote desktop to a mac from a PC? I currently use VNC to connect to a Linux box from windows but i'm not a big fan and was hoping for a better alternative on the mac.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i use TightVNC with Screen Sharing enabled on the Mac in Sharing preferences (must add a password in the settings). just install TightVNC on the PC and it will add itself to the firewall. then open the viewer and type in your Mac's IP address.

then to VNC into the PC just open Connect to Server from Finder and enter "vnc://PC's IP address".

3. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

You could try using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection 2 for Mac. I use it on my mac to connect to the Windows servers at my office. It's available here (direct download link).

4. wkearney99 macrumors member

wkearney99

Did you not read the question? He's asking how to do the opposite, control his Mac FROM his PC. RDP won't do that.

There are several PC client programs for VNC: TightVNC, RealVNC, UltraVNC and probably more. I've used RealVNC with some success. It usually seems faster than the others.