Remote desktop lite app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronsju, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ronsju macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. I just bought the iphone yesterday and I have to say it is far superior to my blackberry curve. The internet, texting and calling is the best. I only wish apple would offer a search menu for the ipod. This way I can sort through my 500 songs. But they do offer it for itunes remote control. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with the remote desktop lite feature and the remote ppt. feature. Every time I type in my ip address and port number, it says hosts too busy or cannot connect. I want to take over my dad's pc but it won't give me access on my iphone. Any help is much appreciated. The PPT. app is real important to me b/c I need it to make my school presentations.

Another question:

How do you copy and paste on the iphone. Do you go to pastebud.com. Where is the download link?

Thanks
    Ron

2. Aurial macrumors 6502

Ron,

The iPhone doesn't do copy & paste. The best method I have found to overcome this is to buy two iPhones and read the text from one and type it into the other app on the second.

As for the remote desktop stuff, are you running some sort of VNC client on your dad's machine?

3. ronsju thread starter macrumors newbie

Aurial,

I didn't activated the VNC remote on my dad's hp. I have no clue what I'm doing. Maybe this is more involved than what I thought. I might have to call apple and hp to walk me through the steps. What should I do?

What about taking control over your mac from your iphone? Is there such an app?

Thanks alot

Ron

4. leez macrumors regular

leez

5. Aurial macrumors 6502

That's brilliant advice and I agree. I use Jaadu also. Even if you decide not to go with them, because the app is very expensive, still look at the instructions on their site because they'll point you in the right direction.