Remote Desktop with BootCamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rekud300, May 19, 2010.

1. rekud300 macrumors member

rekud300

From what I can read here, right now I can log into my work through Remote Desktop on my PC Tower from home. This thing is on it's last leg. But since I have a 13" MacBook Pro presently and actually have a 2nd one on the way my question becomes.

Install Boot Camp, then Windows 7, I should be able to use the Windows 7 Remote Desktop to log into a work PC Tower?

I don't want to have to get another PC when the tower goes. My wife has a laptop that she uses for all of her stuff and when I have to work from home she is usually on that which would make it difficult. The 2nd MacBook Pro will become mine, this one will become the family computer. Especially if Boot Camp works the way it sounds.

On top of that, the last time I traveled, luckily I drove. I had to take a work laptop to log in remotely, that is shared at work, and of course had to travel with my Mac. Lugging 2 computers around wasn't ideal, but this option could solve that problem as well, especially when it comes time to fly.

Little long winded, but learning the mac thing as I have been converted in Jan 09 and have loved the whole Mac experience so far. Even my wife wants to convert when her laptop goes.

Thanks for any info.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The microsoft Mac BU supports an os x version of Remote Desktop Client which is quite good. No need to install Windows for that. There are also third party RDP clients like CoRD.

B