Remote Desktop wont work

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rufinolorenzo, Nov 11, 2010.

1. rufinolorenzo macrumors newbie

Does anybody know how I can get remote desktop to work on my iPad 3g?

I head that it work because its a 3g and the remote computer wont accept it.

Any thoughts or work arounds.

2. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Way to give us all the information:rolleyes:

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

If you work in a corporate environment, then it is likely caused by the corporate firewall. If you work in a small office situation, it could be the firewall or NAT on the Internet Connection, which would need to be properly configured to point the traffic to your computer. Either way, you are likely best off contacting your IT department to find out if they allow connections and to configure it for you.

TEG

4. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

If you are trying to remote control a machine over 3G I recommend a VNC app, and forward the apporpriate ports to a random port so that you can have some security on your home network.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Could use a *little* more info here -- hard to say what your issue is with the lack of info.

To log into my PC that's sitting on my desk at work, I have to VPN in on the iPad first, and THEN launch RDP Remote Desktop iPad app. Then I'm in, no problem.

Are you missing the VPN step?

6. rufinolorenzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to be so vague.

When I remote into the pc via my mac using remote desktop I put in the address, the username and password que pops up and I enter it. Voila I am in. This is while I am connected to the internet from my office network or at home using just my simple DSL connection.

Now when I do the same thing on my 3G iPad using the remote desktop app while connected to the internet via 3G or using wifi I get a message that pops up once I am connected to the remote computer and after I have entered my user credentials. The message says "To log on to this remote console session, you must have administrative permissions on this computer.

Not sure why the remote computer will accept my laptop but not my iPad.

Thanks for any input.

7. Acejam2k macrumors regular

Download LogMeIn Free for your computer, and then buy the LogMeIn Ignition app from the App Store. Quick, fast, and secure. :)

www.logmein.com

8. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

9. shltech macrumors newbie

IPAD2 - RDPlite

Hi All
    I have the same problem but i can fill out more answer to questions:

IPAD2 - using RDPlite (which works great in many situations) I am a network tech working in a domain model (2003) my servers are TS licensed per user. I can log in with the username in question at any station accross my domain. Some are linux rdesktop and some are windows RDP. With the same username I CANNOT log into the terminal servers using the IPAD as I get the error: "to log on to this remote console session, you must have administrative permissions on this computer" using the same IPAD i can login using the administrator. I refuse to give any regular user admin right just so they can use their IPAD to log into the system. The users all have appropriate right to login the terminal server using NON-MAC devices. It almost seem like it want to logon to the admin console??

J

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

This. Free, no firewall ports to configure, secure.

And the LogMeIn app is now free. Look for the standard one that is not called Ignition.

11. shltech macrumors newbie

I'm not interested in logmein or other apps - i have no firewall issues as i can get to the loggin screen. Plus i'm inside the firewall. Thanks for the reply.

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Contact YOUR IT department for support.

13. Acejam2k macrumors regular

Sounds like a simple Group Policy/Permissions issue. Not any regular user can log onto a Terminal Server. If you insist on using the standard user, add them to the local Remote Desktop Users group.