remote desktop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omar4578, May 5, 2011.

1. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

ok, so im trying to figure out the best way to control my friends macbook pro from my macbook pro...

she is too far away to help her with her with installing photoshop cs5 in her computer...so i want to know which is the best way i can do it...

she has the photoshop cd and she will pop it in her mbp, then i will control her computer from there...

how can this be done, i have tried it on a windows, and was never successful with it, i used remote desktop connection but never got it to work, how can i do this with a mac?

also she needs to give me permission to access her mac, what does she need to do to let me in?

thanks

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

iChat screen share or Logmein should be easy enough to get working.

3. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

install logmein free with your account info (if you haven't already created one). She can also switch logmein on and off as she chooses if she needs any help in the future

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer using TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I use the built in Mac screen sharing utility to remotely log in and share my wife's desktop and my server. Works like a charm and was simple to set up.

6. augforce macrumors newbie

Crossloop works pretty well. I've used it when I worked in a NOC and it works PC-Mac, Mac-PC, Mac-Mac, etc. Easy to install and it relies on a access code to share with the person you want to have access to your desktop.

www.crossloop.com

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use that for local sharing on my WiFi network, but use TeamViewer for remote situations.