Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Europe calling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
The Netherlands
Hi,

I have an external harddrive connected to my Airport Extreme that i access on my MBP as a sharepoint. I have been tampering with my network and now it just randomly unmounts itself. I also experience sudden short (1 or 2 second) connection dropouts on my wireless devices and then they reconnect.
Any ideas on where to look to solve this?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Hi,

I have an external harddrive connected to my Airport Extreme that i access on my MBP as a sharepoint. I have been tampering with my network and now it just randomly unmounts itself. I also experience sudden short (1 or 2 second) connection dropouts on my wireless devices and then they reconnect.
Any ideas on where to look to solve this?

Could you perhaps give more info on how the network is set up and what you fiddled with? And also, how the router is placed, distance between it and your devices, and obstructions in the path, such as walls?

Europe calling

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
The Netherlands
Could you perhaps give more info on how the network is set up and what you fiddled with? And also, how the router is placed, distance between it and your devices, and obstructions in the path, such as walls?

Hi, Its seems to a permissions issue. What i find strange is that my remote disk (I named it AppleTV) shows up not as a disk but as a sharepoint (is that normal? don't know what that means, see pic)
Screen_Shot_2017-03-09_at_19_40_46.png

When i try to copy files to it i get this error:
screenshot_24.png

and then sometimes the disk (or should i say sharepoint?) just unmounts itself

I tried to fix its permissions with BatCHMOD and i granted full read, write and execute permissions on volume level including all contained folders but it does not help:

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 19.56.34.png

i can't copy files over now without it protesting that i do not have permissions to do so.
What can i do??
UPDATE: it seems filesize has something to do with the problem. I can copy a few Kb txt-file but a 1,2Gb movie file gives permission issues

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.