Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Is there a remote, other than the iPhone, you can use to switch between slides so you won't have to touch the screen and have a laser at the same time?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Is there a remote, other than the iPhone, you can use to switch between slides so you won't have to touch the screen and have a laser at the same time?

no...been looking for years..the iphone will do a keynote remote but not the same as a slide remote via USB....less reliable...

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
no...been looking for years..the iphone will do a keynote remote but not the same as a slide remote via USB....less reliable...

I didn't think so. I tried searching a good bit before creating a post. I am planning to use my iPad for my next presentation andit's really nice having the clicker in my hand for some reason. I guess I got used to it.

Thanks for responding.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I didn't think so. I tried searching a good bit before creating a post. I am planning to use my iPad for my next presentation andit's really nice having the clicker in my hand for some reason. I guess I got used to it.

Thanks for responding.

I agree - keynote is my goto program as I do 5 presentations a week, every moring with an ipad....only when I do big groups and can't stand near my pad do I switch to my MB Air and use the Logitech clicker....

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
My understanding is that Keynote doesn't recognize any sort of keyboard input for slide advance. Without that, nobody can do a Bluetooth remote. So you're probably stuck with the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.