Remote for Mac

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cherpake, Oct 2, 2015.

1. cherpake macrumors newbie

cherpake

Hey all,
    I'm a developer of the Remote for Mac app - https://itunes.apple.com/app/remote-for-mac/id629019487?mt=8.

And would like to get your input on it - basically the app allows you to control your Mac computer from your iOS devices. All you need to do is to install iOS app, then install tiny OS X app on your Mac (or Mac's), and thats it. You will be able to control the volume (volume level & mute), use the iOS device as trackpad, and with latest version - launch and quit apps on your desktop.

I had couple of reasons for building this app:
    1. I'm using XBMC on my Mac Mini which is connected to my TV in the living room - so its great to have an option to raise master volume without quitting it (it has its own volume level)
    2. My stereo system is also connected to Mac Mini, and I live to wake up with some music, but unfortunately iTunes has to run on my Mac, for me to be able to control it from my iPhone - this app allows to do just that, start iTunes if its not running, and then use Apple's Remote app to control it
    3. Recently I connected Raspberry Pi to my TV in the bed room, and now I'm streaming all my content from my living room Mac Mini to it, but it has a catch too - XMBC on Mac Mini has to run for this to work, and obviously I can do it now with my app.

If you have similar inconveniences with you Mac and you haven't found solution for them yet - I would like to hear. If you suggestions or ideas about the app - let me know. And if you just want to use the app - hey I'm good with that too.

Ideas will be rewarded with promo codes - so hurry up :)

Thanks.

2. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72