Remote for MBRr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dabbler, Jul 9, 2012.

1. dabbler macrumors member

I note the IR port is missing (well I cant find one) - any thoughts for a suitable remote? Shame they ditched the IR :-(

2. Coffee87 macrumors regular

Coffee87

I'd like to know this as well. Are there any apps that would turn the iPad into a remote for the rMBP?

3. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Iphone, ipod touch?

----------

Apple has a remote app.

4. Coffee87 macrumors regular

Coffee87

Sure enough they do, thanks! :)

5. Trey M macrumors 6502a

Trey M

I agree after switching from my 2011 MBP to a Retina I was sad the IR remote would no longer work :(

Although your iPhone/iPod Touch can be used as a remote, it's tedious to get to it quickly and also it will only work for iTunes. I often use spotify, and if my 2011 MBP had Spotify open and playing when I would walk away to listen to music, my IR remote would still control Spotify since it was left open. I can no longer do this with my Retina, so I've been looking for a remote as well.

http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-bluetooth-remote-control

This remote should work, though I can't say I've tried it yet. I actually originally bookmarked the bluetooth remote to use it with a bluetooth adapter in my car, but I haven't gotten around to making my car bluetooth compatible yet so I haven't used the remote. I've read a lot of good reviews on it, though, and I'd imagine it would work for iTunes as well as other applications on your Retina.

6. ninad macrumors member