Remote help on an iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by henrymls, Mar 3, 2016.

1. henrymls macrumors member

henrymls

I would like to know if there is a way to help one of my family members, who lives in another country, to set up their iPad(help them with updates and look at their current settings) via a remote control on my macbook pro.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I wish there was a feature like this, but no. I keep having to tell my mom how to take screenshots, because she never remembers how. I also take screenshots of my iPad and send it over iMessage to help explain things. Since we both have multiple iPads, sometimes we end up on FaceTime, waving the iPad we are working on at each other. We manage. But yeah, a secure way to remote control an iPad would be great for troubleshooting.

3. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Unfortunately this isn't possible. Until it was discontinued (and thus became unstable - an annoying correlation), I took screenshots and used Skitch to annotate them (usually just arrows). Now I use Pixelmator as that's what's installed. It works - though with my grandmother I have to remember to always start from the home screen.

4. millydog macrumors regular

millydog

If they already have FaceTime on another device, maybe you could use that to see the iPad screen....or Skype installed on an old computer.
    I've used FaceTime on my iPad to FaceTime on an iPhone to help someone set up an iPad.

5. henrymls thread starter macrumors member

henrymls

At this point this seems like my only option.

6. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

7. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Which allows you remote access to a Mac or PC. It can't support incoming connections.

8. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

iOS 9.3 has some features for schools that allow a teacher to guide the student through an app on their iPad. Would be nice if this is available outside of a education setting.

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Maybe it is not ready for prime time because hackers are waiting for RIA aka "Remote iPad App"