Remote iPhone app & Airport Extreme issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bleu87, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Bleu87 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm using Windows Vista x64 and recently bought an Airport Extreme which I use with 3 Airport Express's around the house (for music streaming). Recently I updated all my devices to the latest firmware version. At the same time iTunes was updated to 8.1 and the Remote iPhone app was also updated.

The issue I'm experiencing is that my Remote app (it worked before all this) doesn't detect my iTunes library. When I quit iTunes and restart it, it works but then when I close the Remote app and reopen it, it doesn't detect my library again...

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

My homenetwork is setup like this:

Internet arrives at a switch (one of those D-Link green switches) on which the Airport Extreme is hooked up. All my airport express's and my pc are hooked up to the Airport Extreme.

2. bistrot macrumors newbie

Remote iPhone app & Airport Extreme issues

I have sound issues with the same type of settings except that I use an iMac PowerPC G4 with OS 10.5.6. I have upgraded to all latest versions of iTune, firmware and Remote App.
    My Remote App is working perfectly but recently, the sound keeps going off and on.
    When I switch to an other computer with an other iTune library, everything works perfectly. I gather that something might be wrong with my good old iMac G4...?