Remote Mac Monitoring(iStat for iPhone App) Setup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pilotkid, Apr 27, 2009.

1. pilotkid macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone, I can not for the life of me figure out how to set up the "Remote" part in the iStat for iPhone app. Has anyone done this? I installed iStat server and all follwed the directions on their website, I even followed their link to the iClarified instructions. I can monitor my mac remotely on MY wifi network, but only then. Its my understanding that I can literally be anywhere and as long as the mac that I want to monitor is on I should be able to see its stats. Is that correct? I think my problem is with setting up Port Forwarding.
    I'm trying to moniter my Black Macbook(Early 08)
    I'm using my iPhone 3G
    My cable modem is a Motorola Surfboard
    My router is the Airport Extreme Simultaneous Dual Band Router

Thanks ahead of time for all of your help!
    PS. If there is a thread on this I'd appreciate the link(obviously:D).

2. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

Are you using your Mac's local IP address in iStat (192.169.x.x, 10.0.x.x, etc) or your 'real' IP address? Unless you have a static IP address (from your ISP) you'll probably want to use a DNS hosting service (I use DynDNS - it's free and works great) so that you can access your Mac even if/when the IP address changes.

4. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did what you said above. I created a account with DynDNS and created my own host... Its got phrase.(selected host).org and that goes to my IP address. I still cant get it to work. I think what I need help with is the port maping with my dual band airport extreme. Thats for the info though!

5. pilotkid thread starter macrumors 6502a