Remote music listening...

etiolate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Hey...

I was wondering, and I realize there is a great chance there won't be a solution, if there was software/a way to listen to my music at home remotely through another computer... I work on computers in a computer lab at my college a lot, and wish i could listen to my home stuff... Yes, i know about ipods, but my 2nd gen ipod is sort of cranky, all the time.

un1ty

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
Hey...

I was wondering, and I realize there is a great chance there won't be a solution, if there was software/a way to listen to my music at home remotely through another computer... I work on computers in a computer lab at my college a lot, and wish i could listen to my home stuff... Yes, i know about ipods, but my 2nd gen ipod is sort of cranky, all the time.
1. Back to my Mac

2. DOTTUNES

3. learn how to set up a server from your mac that creates an index of your music library. There's some tutorials out there.

etiolate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
alright, thanks a lot... just inherited this duel 2.66 duel core xenon mac pro from my late grandfather, and still trying to figure out the insides of mac.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
alright, thanks a lot... just inherited this duel 2.66 duel core xenon mac pro from my late grandfather, and still trying to figure out the insides of mac.
What a fantastic machine. Learn all you can. You really have a winner on your hands.

Be sure to get Leopard, if you don't already have it.