remote problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by R1k3sh, Jul 18, 2008.

1. R1k3sh macrumors newbie

hey has anyone else been having problems with the remote app? i can get it working fine, but as soon as i navigate away from the remote on my ipod, then try and come back to use it later, i just get stuck on "looking for library". anyone have any ideas on whats wrong?

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

I don't have a clue. Is this your home network? Do you constantly have a good connection?

3. R1k3sh thread starter macrumors newbie

yes on my home network, like i say it works great the first time, then gets lost. the only way to fix it is to restart my computer and reload itunes.

4. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Oh, wow. I don't have a clue. Anyone else?

5. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

I finally gave up on it. After reading all the post,tips and instructions, I was never able to get it past the "Can't find library" fault.
    Must be something with my system that keeps it from working. I completely turned off all fire walls and virus programs...just wouldn't work. :(

6. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I have the same problem, but mine usually 'finds' the library after not too long. Sometimes I can unstick it by tapping 'change library' (the button that's present while it's searching) and then selecting the library it was supposed to find in the first place.

I tried messing with the 'Performance --> Stay Connected' setting to see if that made a difference, but it doesn't seem to. Not sure what that setting's supposed to do, really.

7. Jager1726 macrumors newbie

I've been having similar problems. Initially, it couldn't find my library at all, and the "iPhone" icon did not appear under devices in iTunes unless it was plugged in to sync. I also couldn't see any shared libraries in iTunes. I pretty much gave up on it.

A few days later I decided to give it a shot again and it found it and worked perfectly. When I left and came back, iTunes didn't show the iPhone anymore, but iPhone could still control it. When I left and came back again, iPhone couldn't find the library anymore and iTunes couldn't see the iPhone.

I feel like this has got to be a problem with iTunes settings (I double checked that it was set to share the library and look for iPhone/iPod Touch Remotes) or with my wireless network. Any suggestions on how to fix this??

8. R1k3sh thread starter macrumors newbie

update

hey so got a few developments: I have figured out that if i disconnect my computer from the wireless network, then reconnect it, the remote works fine again (until i turn my ipod off and on, then i get stuck at "looking for library" again) Also, i have tried out the app on itunes libraries on other computers on my same network, and also with my same problematic computer on other networks, and it works perfectly. As you might imagine this has been incredibly frustrating to me, i like to think of myself as handy with a computer, but i don't know enough about wireless networking to try messing with my settings without guidance. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated (heck i'd appreciate any random suggestions at this point)

9. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

I tried multiple times with multiple installs and all kinds of variations with no luck. It was never able to find my library. :{