Remote Tap [Help]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by designedbyapple, Jun 10, 2010.

1. designedbyapple macrumors newbie

designedbyapple

I shopped around and decided that remote tap was the best remote desktop access app to suite my needs. I've been able to set it up over wifi but have failed numerous times to set it up to work over 3g. I have followed the instructions to a tee, tried trouble shooting and sent about 4 or 5 emails to support@readpixel.com none of which have been responded to :mad: . I know I have set up port forwarding on my router and i've tried using a dyndns aswell as my external ip address (which doesn't seem to change anyway). Any help is appreciated,
    designedbyapple

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I hope you waited a few days before you sent any more emails to him. I've actually talked with him a lot about this so I might be able to help.

Be sure that:
    • You have "Router Plug and Play" enabled in the "Internet" tab for the System Preferences pane.
    • You have your *external IP in the IP/DNS for the iPhone client.
    • The port numbers match on the iPhone/Router/PrefPane.
    • Your computer's MAC address is in the "Ethernet" section of the iPhone app.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions about any of those things let me know. I might have gone to sleep, so don't spam me, I'll respond ASAP.

3. designedbyapple thread starter macrumors newbie

designedbyapple

Thanks for your reply. i checked that i had done all of those things - which I had - and it still wasn't working for the first couple of times that I tried. Then on the third try it worked and I realised that this was because I had lost connection to my wifi network. I hadn't realised that it wouldn't work with these settings over wifi. I had previously tried it over 3g but that was before I set up port forwarding and I hadn't thought to try it again. It now works and I am typing this this reply using it now.Thanks for your help,
    designedbyapple

4. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit