Remote Virtual Connection?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by digitard, Jul 7, 2009.

1. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

I admit... this is my "VERY WEAK" section of knowledge, and my searching is pulling so much odd stuff I just figured I'd ask.

I want to know if it's possible via VMware or whatever to create a remotely accessible (ie. web) virtual session?

The reason being is I remote access my Macbook Pro from work constantly, which is fine, but my wife likes to also use it to browse the net, email, etc. Nothing intense.

I just want to know if it's possible to use VMWare Fusion or another application to make it so I can essentially remote into a VM sesssion on my MBP so I can use that for things (my work firewall is kinda tough so I use it for game sites, email, updating websites i run, small business stuff that i dont want to bring w/ me remotely so i access my home MBP to do it when i'm away from home). The main thing it has to be accessable remotely (via the web) in some way.

**Info update: My MBP is a late 2008 model. 2.53ghz, 4gigs of ram, 320gb hdd, 9600gt, etc

Thoughts?

D.

2. larkost macrumors 6502a

I know that VirtualBox has a setting for "Remote Display Server", but have not used it . It does sound like it might do what you want.

3. digitard thread starter macrumors 6502a

digitard

4. GregE macrumors 6502

I think the deciding factor would be if the virtual session has it's own IP address. Then you could just use VNC.