Remote works, won't pair, even as admin (SR mbp)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amusiccale, Jan 14, 2009.

1. amusiccale macrumors 6502

On a fresh install of Leopard (now at 10.5.6), my apple remote works [all buttons work- volume, menu - for front row, etc.] but refuses to pair with the computer. I've changed the battery (no change). The IR remote appears to function (blinks in the iSight). My account is an administrator account. I've tried both Menu + Next and Menu + Play, to no avail. I haven't found much else to try in searching old posts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

And for no apparent reason, it worked several hours later. Mods can delete/lock

2. radius611 macrumors newbie

radius611

Im having the same problem. I bought mine on ebay. I tried logging in as admin, root, enabling IR, holding menu play and menu fast forward. Nothing.. Any Ideas?:apple:

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Did you try unpairing the remote and trying again? If the infrared port enabled?

4. amusiccale thread starter macrumors 6502

The only real step that I took was changing the battery, which seemed counter-intuitive considering the fact that I could see its blinking light in the iSight camera before the change. Even then, it didn't work immediately, so I can't be 100% certain that it actually contributed.

5. radius611 macrumors newbie

radius611

I figured out this iSight caamera thing about how to see it, and I didnt see the light so I changed my battery and it worked. =D:apple::apple: