Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wazza12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I'm trying to decide between Jaadu VNC & Jaadu RDP.
Just wondering if anyone has any input on the performance differences between the two? It will be connecting to a Win7 machine, through WiFi & 3G..
Are either of the protocols considered more bandwidth efficient than the other?

Have also considered LogMeIn.. but as I don't have troubles forwarding ports, it seems like an expensive option..

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
I have all VNC's and LogMeIn Ignition is the best. It's very easy to setup... All you have to do is download their desktop program, run it and use your iPhone to log in and boom!

Jaadu VNC is more complicated because thier desktop program are still in beta.

wazza12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I have all VNC's and LogMeIn Ignition is the best. It's very easy to setup... All you have to do is download their desktop program, run it and use your iPhone to log in and boom!

Jaadu VNC is more complicated because thier desktop program are still in beta.

thanks for that mate.
and how would you rate the performance of logmein over 3G? pretty decent?
Compared to VNC?
And does logmein lock you screen when you log in like RDP? or leave it open like VNC?

aerodoc

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2009
I have both Jaduu VNC and Logmein and would never go back to Jaduu. Although there are some things I like about it that are better than Logmein, it is just way too much of a hassle to set up. They pretty much have the user do all of the leg work, while logmein made it a piece of cake. If you have time is not that important to you and you like to tinker, Jaduu might be a good choice though.

wazza12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I have both Jaduu VNC and Logmein and would never go back to Jaduu. Although there are some things I like about it that are better than Logmein, it is just way too much of a hassle to set up. They pretty much have the user do all of the leg work, while logmein made it a piece of cake. If you have time is not that important to you and you like to tinker, Jaduu might be a good choice though.

Thanks Aerodoc. Looks like consensus is logmein is the business :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.