Remotely control iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by icsd08063, Dec 9, 2014.

1. icsd08063 macrumors member

icsd08063

Hello,

In the next few weeks I will give to my brother the iPad mini 2 I bought for him as a present. I have it in my possession right now as I am kind of far away from him (over 600 km) but hey, it's Christmas time soon so family will be together :)

So, here's the problem, if I can call it so. I have configured the iPad to the specific needs of my brother and my family in general: text editing and presentations for my brother, autocad viewing and simple editing for my father, browsing and radio for my mother (well yes, it is a gift for my brother but in fact, all family members will use it).
    I would like to remote control the iPad from my MacBook / PC (if possible) in order to perform every now and then some troubleshooting when needed. Basically, I am doing this exactly same thing with teamviewer, performing some cleaning.

So, is it possible to control an iPad through a MacBook / PC?

2. H3boy macrumors regular

H3boy

3. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Apple is gearing up for iPad in enterprise and they've been catering to the needs of IT managers. As you can imagine, an IT people in companies need to roll out updates, install apps and trouble shoot problems company wide. This isn't practical to do in person with every iPad in the company individually so remote management is coming.

A lot has been done in this regard recently and so I think it's only a matter of time before it's fully implemented. iOS9 may be it. You're essentially an IT manager for your family so there's reason to be optimistic.