Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metalsquid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Hi, I've a conundrum. Here's what happened. I bought an iPhone 11 Pro and migrated everything over from my iPhone 6, smooth as butter. Then, I wanted to hand the iPhone 6 down to my mom who was still on my old 5s. So I signed in to my iCloud on her 5s and made an iCloud backup of it. Then wiped my iPhone 6 clean and set it up, restoring it using the 5s backup I'd just made. My mom can barely use the phone to text let alone have her own iCloud account so I that's why I used mine.

So anyway, now I go away on vacation the morning after setting all this up for her. I didn't sign out of my iCloud on the iPhone 6 before leaving, so then it began downloading all my iCloud photos onto it. Meanwhile her friends are sending her photos and things on Whatsapp and it's all getting mixed up with my photos in the Photos app. I don't realise all this until she told me she's trying to delete my photos from her iPhone 6 coz it's getting mixed up with her photos. And I'm on vacation taking new photos with my new iPhone 11 and that's all being downloaded to her phone as well. And her photos from Whatsapp are being saved up to iCloud as well so now they're showing up in the feed when I use Photos.app on my MBP.

Firstly, is there a way I can remotely sign out that iPhone 6 from iCloud on my MBP? If not, I can guide her over the phone how to log out from the iPhone 6 Settings. That would at least stop new photos from being synced on our devices. But is there a way I can remotely delete my photos from the iPhone 6? I don't want her to see all the dumb **** my friends send/have sent me that may be on her phone coz it got synced down from iCloud. I also would like to leave her photos on her phone but delete them from my iCloud. Am I SOL until I get back from vacation in a few weeks and do all this manually?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.