Remotely View Ipad2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by machouinard, Jul 20, 2011.

1. machouinard macrumors newbie

Bought my grandfather an iPad2 for Father's Day. Spending a lot of time on the phone doing 'tech support', which is not easy when I don't own an iPad myself. Looking for an app that allows me to at least view the iPad screen remotely via pc/mac. Ideally, I'd like to be able to control it from my macbook so he could actually 'see' how to perform certain tasks. His iPad is not jailbroken, and I don't intend on jailbreaking it. I've seen a lot of apps that do the opposite, but that doesn't help. Is this possible? It's just so hard to decipher what 'I tapped on grid looking thing on the left side' means. Guess that's what you get when you give new technology to an 83 year old. I should just be happy I'm getting his emails!

2. mutchy126 macrumors regular

I found a Application on the App Store that I think can do what you are looking to do:
    http://adf.ly/2DnFX

3. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

This app is just to extend your computer screen or make it so you have "dual monitors". It does not let you see the actual iPad home screen with icons. I do not believe there is an app or a way to do what the OP is wanting. If there is, I would love to know how.

4. Bertieboy macrumors newbie

iPad to iPad

I am trying to do the same type of tech support for my 86 year old mother. I was hoping there might be an App to share iPad screens so I could help her. Would be great if someone knew of a solution

5. vigu360 macrumors member

vigu360

There is no app in official AppStore that can do this

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Exactly.

If the iPad is jailbroken you can install the 'Veency' VNC server.

7. info macrumors member

info

I don't know if you are still around but Logmein Rescue can evidently do what you are asking for. Hang on to your seat when you see the subscription price though. If you find a more viable solution to this please let me know... the iPads I would like to access remotely are not jailbroken.

8. johnnyrokkit macrumors newbie

Found something that I have yet to test, but appears to provide this:

Reflector / www.reflectorapp.com