Remount a Disk Partition?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Emporium, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Emporium macrumors newbie

I accidentally dragged a disk partition i have pinned on my desktop (its my 10.7 dev prev partition) to the trash and it ejected it. Anyone know how to undo this?

2. Emporium thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i know about disk utility. Mind answering my question, and not say something so vague and condescending? thx.

What do i do on disk utility? Ive been messing with it the past few days and ive had no luck.

3. Emporium thread starter macrumors newbie

...and i couldnt find any answer in that link.

i apologize for the doublepost.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Open disk utility. Typically an ejected disk is greyed out. Select it and click MOUNT.

If you can't figure it out you shouldn't be playing with Lion beta.

5. simsaladimbamba

Sorry, I thought you knew what Disk Utility is capable of, as you are a developer and such. Should have been more clear.
    And the link I provided might help you to learn to navigate Mac OS X?

Btw, to quote someone, just press the [​IMG] button.

To quote several posts, use the [​IMG] button (multi-quote).

To edit your posts, use the [​IMG] button.

All these buttons are on the bottom right of the posts.

6. HEB macrumors member

**** THIS IS EMPORIUM, THE OP. I HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS B/C MR IS REALLY GLITCHY FOR ME. LONG STORY. ****

Yeah, I have i few things to answer here:
    1) I'm not a dev, i got 10.7 "from other sources"
    2) No, I'm not just getting it b/c im an eager consumer who wants fancy glitter bars and inverted scroll and such.
    3) I know my way well around os x, just dont use disk utility...EVER (until very recently when i installed lion beta)
    4) I already know my way around MR Forums, I just was too lazy to edit it
    5) I appreciate ur help! thank you!

7. HEB macrumors member

****THIS IS EMPORIUM, THE OP. IF U WONDER WHY I HAVE 2 MR ACCOUNTS, SEE MY ABOVE POST BEFORE THE QUOTE.****

Thanks for the help, but i guess mine remounted itself overnight? haha no joke, idk how that works.

And thanks for the really smart remark. I appreciate your "consideration". This forum is full of too many OS dweebs who always disapprove and insult the mac users who dont know as much as they do. I'm 14, by the way. I just started using OS X, but i know a ton about it and how it works (relatively).

And yes, I'm not a dev, I did get Lion beta from outside sources, but so what? so what if i'm curious what the new OS is like hands-on before it comes out? Is that such a crime? No, it's only human nature. And respect that.