Removable Backglass = Bigger aftermarket Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TruckdriverSean, Jul 7, 2010.

1. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

With the teardown videos showing that is relatively easy to remove the back of the iPhone 4, several companies look poised to offer custom backplates. But what about a much larger battery or possibly and inductive charging rigs built in? I'm not an engineer, but it seems possible to my untrained eye.

Good idea or no?

Sean

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

battery may be possible but could cause some issues

same with the induction plate, but that would have to have the battery built in, which may be tricky depending on the contact location on the battery

theyd have to be looked into more

3. creeman macrumors 6502

I don't think a bigger battery is possible. But having the back glass so easily removable is interesting. I may have to start custom laser etching the back glass with my laser!

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

i dunno about a bigger battery but it will definitely be easier to swap in a new oem battery when the original gets worn.

5. travel4fun macrumors member

I love the idea of an custom made back for the iphone.

Imagine a back made of oak, aluminium, rubber or leather. There are endless possibilities.

Is furthermore cool that you can change the battery.

6. Vanel macrumors newbie

I kinda assumed on the new iphone they made it harder to replace the screen so they can upsell their screen replacement service, but now taking into consideration the back is swappable and the battery is basically user replaceable maybe I was wrong... :cool: