Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i installed this app on my mac to stream video to an amazon fire stick... and it did not work well. so i deleted it (i thought), but 'airbuddy' still shows up in the audio devices (in the sound preference pane).

anyone know how to get rid of it? thanx...

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
i installed this app on my mac to stream video to an amazon fire stick... and it did not work well. so i deleted it (i thought), but 'airbuddy' still shows up in the audio devices (in the sound preference pane).

anyone know how to get rid of it? thanx...
Have you tried AppCleaner? It’s always done a fantastic job for me. Run it then restart your computer.

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I use "iFileX" to locate and delete all references to an App.
Works really well for me, just make sure to read through the list of search results before mass deleting.

i'm going to try that now; i've always used easyfind, but it's not (yet) supported on high sierra... thanx!

EDIT: like easyfind, ifileX may not work with high sierra's new file system (at least, it's not working for me). plus, i think the airbuddy driver is not named 'airbuddy something'; at any rate, i can't find it in the 'obvious' library locations....

Last edited:

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
My bad, I forgot which forum I was reading, but you are right about iFieX not working with High Sierra on APFS.
Lack of support for several apps I use is the very reason I'm still testing the beta using HFS.
I also fear that support might never come for some under the new file system.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
My bad, I forgot which forum I was reading, but you are right about iFieX not working with High Sierra on APFS.
Lack of support for several apps I use is the very reason I'm still testing the beta using HFS.
I also fear that support might never come for some under the new file system.

the easyfind people say they'll get to it (and it's an exceptional app)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.