Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
How can I get rid of this? It never used to be there - just showed up.

Attachments

• 2012-11-02 21.50.13.png
    2012-11-02 21.50.13.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 137

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
just took a quick picture with photobooth

Attachments

• Photo on 02-11-2012 at 22.37.jpg
    Photo on 02-11-2012 at 22.37.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 95

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Any chance of more info?

Rom, Handset, Android version, manufacturer e.t.c.

Looking around to see if I can work out what it is!

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Any chance of more info?

Rom, Handset, Android version, manufacturer e.t.c.

Looking around to see if I can work out what it is!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)

Thanks, I didn't really know what to call it to look for it, kind of hard to describe. I would call it a tab but tab in the android world is a Samsung tablet so that was a dead end. Just really annoying!

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I don't have the phone but based on videos I've seen, I think you can just press and hold the back button on the bottom for it to go away. If not the back, try menu button.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I don't have the phone but based on videos I've seen, I think you can just press and hold the back button on the bottom for it to go away. If not the back, try menu button.

Ha! wow yeah that's it gone! Great! That toggles it. Thanks :D

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
No problem. :)

Since this might be my next phone, what do you think of it so far? Besides the tab issue.. lol.

----------

Oh btw, that tab feature is actually very useful. You can drag and drop any two of those apps in that menu onto the screen and use dual screen mode. You'll be able to run two apps at the same time on one screen.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
No problem. :)

Since this might be my next phone, what do you think of it so far? Besides the tab issue.. lol.

I would whole heartily recommend it - this is actually my second one. I returned the first one as the screen seemed to flicker - only later did I realize that this was in power saving mode and that a software update would have fixed it! Waste of time and postage costs, argh.

The only other thing that is bad is the camera makes a really really loud artificial click noise that you can't mute. I use a third party app instead now.

It's also big, but I knew that and is partly why I bought it - but take a look in the shop before you buy it just to get a feel for the size.

I was also planning to use doubletwist but you can't as they blocked usb annoyingly so I just have the files duped on the device. It would have been nice to sync it with iTunes play counts though.

I use the spen less than expected, however, if you are away from the computer and you have the time, it can really enable to do some very useful things. It's also quite fun for drawing.

Apart from those rather minor issues it's the perfect phone for me.

about the dual screen thing. i'll have to give that a go :)

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Annoying feature is now a cool feature. :D

Thanks for the comments. Trying to decide between this phone and the Nexus 4 at the moment.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Annoying feature is now a cool feature. :D

Thanks for the comments. Trying to decide between this phone and the Nexus 4 at the moment.

Well my opinion of the Note is it is just too big. I think it does some great things but me trying to write on a tablet would be awful...and thats on me, not the device. Thats why im going to get the Nexus 4.

BTW...i dont have one but it is said if you buy an S Pen, you can write on the GS3 as well....and i do have one of those but for $29-39, im not going to buy one just to see if it works :p

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Well my opinion of the Note is it is just too big. I think it does some great things but me trying to write on a tablet would be awful...and thats on me, not the device. Thats why im going to get the Nexus 4.

BTW...i dont have one but it is said if you buy an S Pen, you can write on the GS3 as well....and i do have one of those but for $29-39, im not going to buy one just to see if it works :p

I tried the other day and it didn't work on my GS3 using my friends Note 2 pen. I didn't try to write, just use it on the screen to swipe.

I think you need a C pen like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajNk7IQNYEg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.