Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonTeja

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2010
Help please!

hey, I accidentally deleted one of my unfinished download application from my purchases list. Now every time i want to re-download it again, the app store ask me to pay again.

kaputsport

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Carlisle, PA
I have an odd issue.

I know pirating is not very good, and companies lose money on it, but I wanted to give Angry Birds a try on my iMac (I have purchased every other version on my iPhone and iPad) so I downloaded version 1.0 from the Pirate Bay.

Well, it installed perfectly, and worked perfectly, but I wanted to update it. The issue comes in that my username and password would not work, and someone elses user ID shows up.

I recently did a fresh install and went back to 10.6 for performance reasons and I got the store back after deleting it in the previous install. I did not install ANYTHING APP store related, and it still comes up that I have an update pending for Angry Birds. It also asks me to update my Lion install (which I am not using).

Any way to clear these out for good? It is not shown under purchased, nor is it allowing my to buy it for the $4.99 now. All I have is the update with someone else's user ID.

Starship77

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2006
I have an odd issue.

I know pirating is not very good, and companies lose money on it, but I wanted to give Angry Birds a try on my iMac (I have purchased every other version on my iPhone and iPad) so I downloaded version 1.0 from the Pirate Bay.

Well, it installed perfectly, and worked perfectly, but I wanted to update it. The issue comes in that my username and password would not work, and someone elses user ID shows up.

I recently did a fresh install and went back to 10.6 for performance reasons and I got the store back after deleting it in the previous install. I did not install ANYTHING APP store related, and it still comes up that I have an update pending for Angry Birds. It also asks me to update my Lion install (which I am not using).

Any way to clear these out for good? It is not shown under purchased, nor is it allowing my to buy it for the $4.99 now. All I have is the update with someone else's user ID.

Just delete the pirate Angry Birds. You can't update it because the license belongs to a different account. If you delete it, it will never ask you about that other account again. Buy a new one with your own account and you'll be able to update it just fine!

;)

----------

hey, I accidentally deleted one of my unfinished download application from my purchases list. Now every time i want to re-download it again, the app store ask me to pay again.

It will probably not charge you again. But you can go to your account and check if it is in your hidden purchases list. Just click "Store" > "View My Account" and check the "iTunes in the Cloud" section.

Kanunu

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2009
Hawaii
Not really deleted

A little X pops up on my mac app store and I can delete the item from purchase history. Maybe it's new in the update?

The little x you refer to does not delete an app. It just puts it on the hidden list which can be viewed by going to Store>View My Account then clicking View Hidden Purchases on the right side.

This would be OK except for the update problem. Hidden apps show up there and if you click Update All any deleted Apps will be completely reinstalled. If you update selectively these updates will stay on the list along with the red circle on the App Store icon. For me this is about 6 apps but for some I imagine the list could get kind of long.

As stated by other this is very irritating.

Last edited:

trevorbsmith

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2007
I don't know about the "x" others talked about last year, but I see now in Mountain Lion that if you right click on the "Install" button beside an item in the Purchases pane of the Mac App Store, I get a pop-up menu with exactly 1 item: "Hide Purchase."

Kader

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2012
Beijing
remove purchase app from list

now with the mountain lion, you can right click the install or download button on the right side of the app and choose to hide it.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.