remove app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kleptobizmol, Aug 18, 2010.

1. kleptobizmol macrumors member

kleptobizmol

Hey so i downloaded little snitch for the mac and didn't like it so i removed it from the application folder. it is still existent in my tool bar up top and i can't go to preferences in it but it still has pop ups saying what application is trying to do what and it tells me that i need to upgrade it. point being i just want to completely get rid of it. how do i do that?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

You can't just delete it willi-nilly.

Run the installer from the disk image. Select Uninstall.

I'd be curious to know what it is you didn't like. Or is only that you didn't get how it works or what it does ?
    I find it to be an invaluable app.

4. kleptobizmol thread starter macrumors member

kleptobizmol

in what way does it help you personally?i can see how its useful but i find it more annoying than useful

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well that was a quick about face. He only asked why you found it helpful, unless you were lying in your first post.

6. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

I obviously misread his post. For some reason I took his "in what way does it help you personally?" reply as being directed at my "I'd be curious to know what it is you didn't like."
    Must have been the lack of caffeine. Apologies to the OP. :eek:

So to answer the question, I like keeping tabs on what applications on my system do in the background. I dislike that some apps make unwarranted internet connections without the user's knowledge or acceptance, sending or fetching whatever data. Using Little Snitch allows to monitor this.

There's no constant prompts once Little Snitch has been properly configured with your own set of rules applicable to your setup.