Remove Background Noise on a clip???

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jayeskreezy, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Ok so I recorded a quick clip and there's a loud secada hissing in the background even with a mic. I want to remove it quickly. I have Soundtrack pro and I know how to remove it in that program, but I only brought my serial to my logic pro because I thought they were the same ones(we moved and packed everything in a pod for the summer and fall and it was taking too much space to bring my entire logic studio suite).

Apparently, they actually have different serials...go figure. Is there any program that removes background vocals for free on a mac OR is there any way I can call apple and retrieve my Soundtrack Pro serial or am I SOL until I unpack storage?

Thanks

2. Aniday macrumors regular

Logic has some plug ins for noise reduction. But they aren't as good for louder noises. You can try reducing them with Speech Enhancer and Denoiser. If that isn't enough you can try Audacity, it has a similar noise reducing technique as Soundtrack Pro... but it isn't nearly as good.

Or I can do it for you for like.. $5 ;D

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. I didnt know about Logic's so I tried it in Audacity and it isn't very good. It reduces it to the point where you hear NO background noise, but can hardly hear the speakers either.

4. Aniday macrumors regular

Yeah it requires a bit of tweaking in Audacity because it sucks.

Unfortunately if the unwanted bg noise is too loud and you try to use a lot of noise reduction, vocal clarity will take a big hit no matter what you use.

5. tranzmute macrumors newbie

Hi

Just my 2 cents , but I'm a big fan of BIAS Soundsoap. Dead easy, really effective and my personal go to tool when cleaning up or restoring any bad audio files.

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/soundSoap2/

Cheers

Tranzmute