Remove camera button from lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Arcade, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

Hello,

Is there anyway of removing the camera button from the lock screen? Remove it from showing on the lower right corner.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Without a jailbreak, I think the only way of removing it is to turn off the camera in the Restrictions part of the Settings app. Effectively disabling the camera completely.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Purely out of interest, why on earth would you want to do this?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OCD :rolleyes:

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, the only reason why something like that would be desired by someone. It couldn't simply be to perhaps not give a way for someone who might have access to the phone (when it's locked) to take random pictures (perhaps jokingly or accidentally), right?

6. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Could you disable the Camera in restrictions and then just use a third-party camera app?

7. white4s macrumors 65816

& that's why apple created something called a passcode

8. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Passcode does not prevent people from taking pictures.

9. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

Which is completely useless as you can access the camera on the lock screen without it...

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Even on Android, on the home screen, swiping to the left brings up the camera even if the phone has a passcode.

I know they do this for convenience but anyone can take a certain picture and leave it for you as a (bad) or good surprise.

11. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

it is more convenient this way though.. when you have to take a picture quickly, you dont have to put your passcode in..

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like you might be missing what this thread is actually about.

13. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

I agree but the person I was quoting didn't seem to know.

14. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

I will say that isn't this feature a little redundant now due to control center? Why do I need two ways to access camera from lock screen? And if I don't want people taking pictures, all I would have to do is disable control center from working on the lock screen. Just seems silly to me to even still have this.

15. cynics macrumors G3

I sometimes am annoyed by it because I'll be trying to flick up the notification center and get the camera.

Not a huge deal for me but there are legitimate reasons for not wanting it on the lock screen.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's something to that. Although for those that don't want a bunch of other control center features available from the lock screen (like airplane mode, for example) but still want to be able to have quick access to camera, that has been there for a little while now (and exists in other mobile OSs) the existing functionality makes sense (although some might need control over that as well).

----------

I'm guessing you mean the control center.

17. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Perhaps, but doesn't that seem like a far lesser minority than those who don't want anyone to have any lock screen access? It's very unnecessary clutter to have 2 camera icons accessible from lock screen (at least in my opinion) and I would hope it is removed in a subsequent update.

And besides, the most dangerous available lock screen control is the camera. Not giving someone the ability (without a hack) to remove any camera access just seems wrong. Especially since they've given us the ability to turn off control center from lock screen.

18. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I'd prefer this, as when I want to use Control Center from the lock screen, half the time the Camera comes up, even though there's a camera shortcut in control center.

A little redundant, but I'm sure these kinks will be ironed out over time (I hope at least..)

19. kolax macrumors G3

I prefer it there for easy access. Security isn't much of a concern really, I don't leave my phone unattended and if stolen, I can remotely disable it.

20. cynics macrumors G3

Damn autocorrect? Yes though, control center.

21. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I would like this feature also. I've resorted to disabling it in restrictions, and having to go in and enable it again anytime I want to take a picture. My idiot coworkers (its very annoying, actually, and irritates me to no end) think its hilarious to take my phone while its in the office and walk around taking pictures of random stuff. All it does is fill up my iCloud every time I charge my phone because the photos are part of the automatic backup. Not to mention it fills my photo stream with garbage.

22. pooleman, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

pooleman Suspended

pooleman

When the camera is disabled in restrictions it also restricts the use of other camera apps. You can open the other apps but all you see is a black screen.

23. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

I think you have other problems to fix there first?

24. white4s macrumors 65816

not really

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

Really? How exactly is a passcode related to the camera shortcut on the lock screen?