Carrier Remove data throttling?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dsizz45, Jul 2, 2014.

1. dsizz45 macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I have an iPhone 5S, jailbroken, running on iOS 7.1.1 and Cricket (formally aio) as my wireless provider. I currently have their cheapest plan that's $35 a month... but I only get 500MB of high speed data a month, and then they throttle it down quite a bit! I have LTE pretty much everywhere I am, and when I'm on their high speed data... it's fast. But, I can easily burn the 500MB down in a day while using pandora, instagram, snapchat, etc.

Does anyone know how to take the throttling away? I love how fast their service is... but I'm cheap :p

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

For an extra $10. you can increase your data five fold.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You can't. It's all done via the carrier side and can't be changed without changing your plan.

4. dsizz45 thread starter macrumors newbie

True. I used to pay for the ''pro'' plan which I think is like 5GB and I'd go over that lol :p

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There is no way.
    There was a bypass for throttling on AT&T unlimited data plans but not sure if that still works or on what ios version worked till.
    But either way it wont do you no good. You cannot do much about it besides switching plans or carriers.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I know your pain. Although I order and pay for a grande Latte I wish there was a way to trick the Barista into making it a venti.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

You can remove it by paying for more lte data