Remove Default Weather from the Today Screen

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by JHBrown, Sep 15, 2016.

1. JHBrown macrumors member

Good Morning,

In iOS 9 it was easy to remove the weather information form the Today screen by simply scrolling down to Edit, and removing it. However, with iOS 10, I can't figure out how to remove the default weather information that is shown their. My reason for removing, I use a different weather widget, and I prefer not to see two different weather information. Thanks.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

works the same way for me as it did in iOS 9? i have accu weather there instead.

3. JHBrown thread starter macrumors member

I have Accuweather as well. Did you remove it through the Edit screen? I'm there now, and I don't see the option to remove the default weather information. Thanks for the reply.

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

are you talking about iPhone or iPad? This may be cause of the confusion above.

iPhone has a dedicated widget (associated with the Weather app) which should be easy to remove from the edit screen.

iPad has a weather summary in the top left, which isn't really a widget per se (as there is no app). I'm not sure you can remove that.

5. JHBrown, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016

JHBrown thread starter macrumors member

Apologies, I should have clarified. This is on an iPad Pro. In iOS 9, I was able to remove the Weather Summary. Would be terrible if that is not the case anymore. I prefer to see only my weather widget from a third party.

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

yep i can't find a way to remove that which seems like an oversight. however it's quite discreet... hope you find a solution

7. JHBrown thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Maybe I need some coffee, because if I remember correctly, I was able to hide that information in iOS 9. Oh well. :(
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    Okay, It looks like what I was doing in iOS 9, was removing the Today Summary entirely. This got rid of the weather summary at the same time. I now don't see that option on iOS 10.