iPhone Remove Forecast background?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eyoungren, Mar 21, 2013.

1. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm using Forecast on my lockscreen. Is there anyway to remove the background of this tweak? I'd rather just have the words/temp and the weather image.

I managed to do this for the weather widget (I use Dashboard X 2.0 to have it on my homescreen(s)) but no ideas how to do it for Forecast.

2. Eclipse538 macrumors regular

Been thinking about trying this tweak out and this was the one thing that i was worried about! I may look into when i have some time. Girlfriend has been complaining about my jb obsession though

3. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Forecast is awesome. Been using it for a while. Hasn't really bothered me (the background) because the part of my wallpaper it sits over is black. But, I do mean to get rid of it if I can.

4. wargnerm macrumors member

It would be great if we could do it. I hope there's a way to do.

5. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I have a Winterboard theme that removes it. I'll post it in the morning for you.

6. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's great! Thanks!

7. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I use the Glasklart Lockscreen Theme and it removes the bar behind it.
    [​IMG]

8. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Thanks, that does indeed work. Right now though I am using this theme: Clear Lockscreen 6.x.x Theme.

It also modifies the passcode lock background which I like. It's supposed to have a clear background under where Forecast is so I have to assume that Forecast is doing something. I'd like to stick with this theme, but your solution is a good alternative if I can't get it to work.

Thanks!

9. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Download No Lock Bars in Cydia

That's all you need

10. LoLife macrumors regular

Thank you I've been searching for this

11. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Thats all good if you want no bars at all, i just wanted the Forecast bar gone and the rest kept so i made my own theme.

12. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hmmm…no change. This may be down to my choice of lockscreen theme. Looks like I may have to change to a different one to get what I want. Thanks!

13. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, I've gotten rid of everything else at the bottom too. It's just been this background that's bedeviling me.

Here's a shot of my lockscreen. You can see the black background behind Forecast. I can change to the Glasklart Lockscreen theme or remove the Clear Lockscreen 6.x.x theme I have and keep the lockscreen clear in other ways (including maybe No Lock Bars). This will remove the Forecast background, but I won't have the completely transparent theme I'm getting with the Clear Lockscreen 6.x.x theme.

If you have something that will remove just the Forecast background, please share!

Attached Files:

14. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Try this, it leaves the Status bar and the the bar behind the slider but removes the bar behind the Clock or Forecast.

Attached Files:

15. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Grayburn. Thanks! That does work, but it does do as you indicated, leaving me the bar behind the slider. That won't work because I already have a Winterboard tweak that removes the slider, the text, the camera knob and the slider background.

I did find LockscreenCustomizer 2.0 today though when poking around in Cydia. Amazingly, it did what I was looking for. Here's the settings I used with it and my now clear lockscreen (except for Forecast and the transparent status bar).

Attached Files: