Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fermin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2018
hi good day to all,

i want to ask some help to get rid of the recovery start up disk which i cant locate from my macbook pro, it always run automatically when i restarted my macbook, by the way, i properly deleted the bootcamp windows 10 but it probably leaves some file especially on the start up, is this a partition?

thanks a lot

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you "properly deleted the bootcamp windows 10", but still have some issues at boot, then you likely did not use the Boot Camp Assistant to do that, which is the only way to safely delete the boot camp partition.

What exactly do you see when you restart?
If you get some kind of Windows message, can you choose the macOS boot drive from the Option boot picker screen?
Or, how do you actually get to boot to macOS then?

Did you make sure that your macOS boot drive is selected in your Startup Disk pref pane?

Reactions: organicCPU

Funsize93

macrumors regular
May 23, 2018
Australia
I have no idea what you're on about. If it is to do with the macOS recovery, its not recommended that you delete that. If it is due to bootcamp causing corruption or unwanted partitions the long term fix would be: select the mac startup disk to boot from > complete a time machine backup > go into recovery and erase the HD to one new partition > restore the time machine backup to the new partition.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
It sounds to me like the OP's problem is that his Mac is booting to the recovery partition (every time), instead of to the "regular" (Mac OS) partition.

OP:
Is there no way you can boot from the regular "Mac partition"?
Do you have a backup of your data?

If so, you might try booting into "internet recovery":
Reboot and hold down the command, option and r keys continuously.
You may need your wifi password to connect.

Once booted to internet recovery, you should be able to open disk utility.
Choose "show all devices" from the popup on the upper right.
Next, ERASE the internal drive to Mac OS extended with journaling enabled.

Then, open the OS installer and install a clean copy of the OS (it doesn't matter WHICH version of the OS, you need something that boots).

When that's done, begin setup.
At the appropriate moment, setup assistant will ask if you wish to migrate data from another Mac or drive.
Connect the backup, "point" setup assistant towards it, select what you wish to bring over, and "let 'er go".

This should get you back to "close" to where you were when your problems began...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.