remove infinifolders before adding FE?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Oct 19, 2010.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

If I want to swap and try FolderEnhancer, do I need to delete InfiniFolder first?

Thanks

2. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i dont think you need to, but i did it anyways. i removed infinifolders first then installed FE.

i believe sidewinder said when you install FE, it removes infinifolders and folderclose if you have it installed already.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yes. They don't play well together and you'll have some issues with your phone if you don't. You'll lose the ability to have X amount of apps in your folders however you'll gain the ability to have multiple folders within a folder as well as folder in folder in folder in you wish. Pretty cool app. Also, Infiniboard has some issues with FE as well (at least last time I checked) so you'll need to get rid of this completely as well. This includes any Iconoclasm layouts for Inifiboard that you may have on your phone too.

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

You want to install FolderEnhancer while Infinifolders is installed. However, there is one issue:

Keep in mind that Infinifolders builds its icon structure vertically while FolderEnhancer does it horizontally. If you just install FolderEnhancer on top of Infinifolders, you won't be able to see the 17th icon and beyond.

So, before you install FolderEnhancer, make sure that none of your folders have more than 16 icons in them. If they do, make a second folder with the same name plus a number and move the extra icons there.

Then install FolderEnhancer along MultiIconMover and move everything back. MultiIconMover makes this a breeze.

S-

5. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

6. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

7. lanulos macrumors regular

Recent versions of FE fixed the incompatibility with InfiniBoard, and both can be used together. FE no longer allows InfiniBoard to create hidden rows in folders, which was the earlier problem with it. While writing this I just found that FE is now compatible with 4.1 and have reinstalled it over InfiniBoard with no problem. (I had uninstalled it prior to upgrading to 4.1 because for a while it was not compatible.)

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Huzzah...it works again. The issue I had before was that I couldn't add icons into folders. And whenever I did, those icons would disappear. They'd reappear everytime I resprung but once I moved them into a folder, they were gone. Hopefully with the updates this issue is fixed.