Remove ink on back of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shvartsies, Apr 1, 2009.

1. shvartsies macrumors regular

So me being the idiot I am, kept my iphone in the same pocket as my pen today. My pen, started leaking some ink.
    To my extreme dismay, I took out my iPhone and theres a good smudge of ink on the back right next to the apple logo. I looked to see if it got on my brand new apple in-ear headphones, and sure enough there is a smudge of ink.

To my extreme luck however, it did not get in any ports, it did not get on the camera, on the screen, or inside the headphone.

Now, would there be ANY way to be able to safely remove the ink?
    And if worse comes to worse, i know this is exploiting the Apple Store's fantastic return policy, but I would never do this unless something as horrific as an ink smudged happen.
    I have a defective power button, one side of it is sticking out the proper way, but it slopes down and one side is completely flush with the iphone's surface. Its basically crooked.
    Would Apple replace the iphone for this problem, even with the ink smudge?
    Otherwise, its in prime condition, except for one scratch right above the speaker and the apple symbol being slightly scratched up.

By the way, I have already tried dampening a cotton ball and trying to wipe off the ink, no dice. A little bit of ink got on the cotton ball, but nothing looked like it came off.

2. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

3. iGaryMonnecka macrumors member

Go to your pharmacy/supermarket and buy alcohol swabs. My sister is a diabetic and uses these to clean off injection sites. They have worked on ink stains before In my experience however.

4. shvartsies thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you both for the quick replies. I'll try them.

5. shvartsies thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know how to plus rep, but let me know, because you both deserve it. Plasticparadox, the pencil eraser worked like a charm! Thank you a million times.

6. Mr. Cumberdale macrumors newbie

Yes!

The best way to clean your ipod is to brush the spot where u have the ink, and brush it with your toothbrush (including toothpaste) it also gets rid of
    scratches:)