Remove iPhone Passcode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coolnelle, Nov 21, 2010.

1. coolnelle macrumors newbie

My mate gave me an iphone but it has a passcode we don't know. Is there any way I can unlock the phone without knowing those four numbers?

2. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

Two things to consider...

1. Try being a little more descriptive in your subject line. For example, "Alright guys I need some help with a passcode"

2. I would try restoring the phone as new. As long as it is not a stolen phone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it locked to a specific carrier or factory unlocked?

4. coolnelle thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh how do I restore it? Im guessing it doesnt need to be unlocked for that. I really don't know that much about iphones any useful information and handy tips about getting started would be greatly appreciated. All I have is the actual handset do I need any software or anything or is it all through itunes?

5. Anapplecsr macrumors newbie

U can easily find all this information online...... Gogole "iphone restore" and u just might find http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

You connect iphone to pc w/ usb cable. Once in itunes you click on restore on the summary page for the iphone. It should automatically take you to the summary page...

If you get a message saying that you have to sign in then you must first put the iphone in recovery mode. Look that one up for instructions on how to do that. Google "recovery mode iphone" and u will magically find answer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    How is "Alright guys I need some help with a passcode" better than "Remove iPhone Passcode"?

Your alternative doesn't mention removing a passcode, or an iPhone. [/rant]

7. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

The title has obviously been changed since the original posting.

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That would make sense then. ;)