Remove Jailbreak without Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tonyturbo23, Jan 23, 2011.

1. tonyturbo23 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I would like to return my iphone to Apple to have it replace. The dock connector isn't working since i walked into the ocean with it. I've cleaned out as much corrosion as possible but the phone is not detected on my computer. It can charge but it does not detect on my computer or in my iPod dock as well. My phone is Jailbroken, so I'd like to remove the jailbreak before I go into Apple and ask for a new one. At the moment my water sensors are not red.

If Apple are jerks about it, then I will have to open the phone up to clean it out which is a step I'd like to avoid.

Any help on how I could get this done would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Use cydelete from cydia to remove cydia.
    Also uninstall all cydia packages and addons you had on it before you remove the cydia program and icon.
    And hope Apple dont notice.
    Make sure the layout looks nothing but stock and no icons or anything else looks different than the stock iOS.

3. tonyturbo23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, do you know if they do any other checks? what about if I send it to the factory? Should I erase it before I take it in. or will they erase the data off it when i get there, before they replace it?

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Apple will wipe the entire phone, repair it and put it in the refurb store. I would wipe it before you send it in though.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True mind as well use the erase all content and settings if your USB dock is not working they won't be able to restore it either and should just give you a new one.

6. tonyturbo23 thread starter macrumors newbie

This forum is awesome!

Thanks for the advice.

I've heard that if you have an iphone 4 running 4.1 and you do erase all content and settings that your phone will be stuck in DFU mode or have the connect to itunes screen? or an endless apple loop since you've jailbroken.

7. tonyturbo23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry what I meant to say is that will the apple people be able to test it or restore it if the dock connector isnt working and the phone is an endless loop? or connect to itunes?

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, if you do a reset all they won't be able to tell or retrieve anything.
    Don't worry, just bring it in:)