remove jailbreak without losing data? (having some trouble with last jb:) )

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by neonkru, Oct 13, 2010.

1. neonkru macrumors regular

Hello. I jailbreaked my device yesterday using the new RC1 release for ios 4.1. I wanted to try out some apps before buying them but i feel the device sometimes slower and sometimes apps quit for no reason. Happened in both jailbreaked apps and purchased apps. so i want to revert to original (mine shipped with ios 4.1), if i hit restore will i lose my that? like saved games and installed apps?

thank you in advance:)

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

If you restore from a backup all your data will be there. However if you want Apple to not be able to tell that you jail broke you need to do a fresh restore.

What apps were running slow or quitting? I have not had that experience.

3. neonkru thread starter macrumors regular

i noticed it while playing angry birds and stick stunt biker. both quited randomly once. sonic hedgehog 4 happened twice in game that touch stoped working for 1 or 2 seconds. nothing else i remember off.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Using pirated apps usually messes up your phone. Why don't you uninstall these apps and see how your phone works.