Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neonkru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Hello. I jailbreaked my device yesterday using the new RC1 release for ios 4.1. I wanted to try out some apps before buying them but i feel the device sometimes slower and sometimes apps quit for no reason. Happened in both jailbreaked apps and purchased apps. so i want to revert to original (mine shipped with ios 4.1), if i hit restore will i lose my that? like saved games and installed apps?

thank you in advance:)

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
If you restore from a backup all your data will be there. However if you want Apple to not be able to tell that you jail broke you need to do a fresh restore.

What apps were running slow or quitting? I have not had that experience.

neonkru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
If you restore from a backup all your data will be there. However if you want Apple to not be able to tell that you jail broke you need to do a fresh restore.

What apps were running slow or quitting? I have not had that experience.

i noticed it while playing angry birds and stick stunt biker. both quited randomly once. sonic hedgehog 4 happened twice in game that touch stoped working for 1 or 2 seconds. nothing else i remember off.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Using pirated apps usually messes up your phone. Why don't you uninstall these apps and see how your phone works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.