Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deep_Thought

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
So my bank has detected the JB and locked me out of the app. Is the current JB removal method still restore from iTunes or is there an updated method?

Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So my bank has detected the JB and locked me out of the app. Is the current JB removal method still restore from iTunes or is there an updated method?

Thanks
I've heard that with the modern jailbreaks you want to use RootFS.

Normally, my method is to backup, put my device in DFU mode and restore/upgrade. Then I restore from the backup. But RootFS is what I hear you should start with now.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011

Thanks
You can manage that by installing liberty lite tweak. You do not need to remove the jailbreak.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Yeah no need to get rid of your jailbreak there’s tweaks where you can whitelist an app so it will bypass the jb detection.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
They dont always work the bypass methods, i did a jailbreak for the first time in ages and tried various bypass tweaks but still couldnt access a couple of banking apps, Sky Go and the VOIP app i have for working from home. I restored before trying many others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.