Remove lockscreen altogether?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DSchwartz88, Aug 2, 2010.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

So for a while i've been searching cydia trying to find a solution to this. The iPhone is a touchscreen phone, not like I can touch any buttons while the screen is off anyways. Is there any cydia tweak to remove the lockscreen altogether and just go to spring board when I push the power button?

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

However, it does have a hardware button on the front that could be depressed in a bag or in your pocket by accident. I don't understand why you'd want to remove it.

3. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

I don't think so. However there is those "tap to unlock" ones.

4. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

whats it gonna do? stay on for the 3 minutes I have set for it to auto-lock? Its a feature I want, why should I have to explain why i want it?

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's not the brightest of ideas. You run the risk of rapidly draining your battery and inadvertently starting programs.
    What's wrong with slide to unlock? Is it that difficult?

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I can tell you from experience that in that 3 minutes before it auto locks, your phone is very prone to "pocket dialing". My brother drops his iPhone in his pocket quite often without locking it, and I frequently am the recipient of the resulting calls.

7. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Seems like a lie to me seeing as the iPhone has a capacitor touch screen so there is no way for it to be touched by human skin

8. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

this.