Remove Make It Mine Custom Header/Unjailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by elephant10, Oct 5, 2010.

1. elephant10 macrumors newbie

I currently have an iphone 3Gs v 4.1. When i first got it in May of '09 i made the poor decision of jailbreaking it. I have since restored it numerous times and removed most of the jailbreak, however the remnants of Make it Mine remain in the form of the custom header at the top of the phone. I left it as is after restoring it for the last year or so, but lately have been having some issues with the phone and need to get it serviced, however i cant figure out how to restore the header to the default.

I have tried restoring it as i have said, would prefer not to restore as new and lose everything, and have been unable to re-jailbreak to change the settings.

Any fixes out there?

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Unfortunately if you take it in and you have restored to a back up of a JB, they will be able to find out (if they look) as there are certain logs and remanents of your JB activity on your phone.

If you need to take it in, back up your phone now, restore as new and then take it in.

When they're done, restore to your current back up (which will still have the MIM custom header).

As to how to remove the Header, I am not sure, you'd have to delve into the back up and work out which file (out of like 8000) holds that data. Not a good task I would suggest.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

The only way I know of is to restore via DFU mode then do NOT restore from backup.

4. elephant10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not too technical with this stuff. how do you access those files in the backup if i were to go at it that way?

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

There's a folder in your Mobile Sync application support.

But you won't find the relevant file by just looking all the names of the files are random looking alphanumeric characters. It'll be worse than finding a needle in a hay stack.

Just follow my other instructions. Seriously.