iPad Remove OTA update badge

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Just jailbroke a friend's iPad Mini. He had it plugged in before doing it so the "1" badge of the settings app indicating there was an OTA update available showed up.

I thought it would go away after jailbreaking, but it hasn't.

Ideas?

Attachments

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Just jailbroke a friend's iPad Mini. He had it plugged in before doing it so the "1" badge of the settings app indicating there was an OTA update available showed up.

I thought it would go away after jailbreaking, but it hasn't.

Ideas?
Springtomize can hide the badge, no update did the same on iOS5 (not sure it's been updated) and maybe SoftwareUpdateKiller hides the badge too? Can't remember. My iphone on 6.1.2 does not have the badge.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Springtomize can hide the badge, no update did the same on iOS5 (not sure it's been updated) and maybe SoftwareUpdateKiller hides the badge too? Can't remember. My iphone on 6.1.2 does not have the badge.
Perfect. Thank you!

EDIT: Damn, it still appears inside the settings… When I open Settings, I can see a "1" in General and in "Software update"… :(

EDIT: Something like the pic attached, although I can't access the update itself.

Attachments

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
One comment, did anyone else notice that the screenshot was the iOS 5 and bellow settings icon? The one with sharper gear teeth? The iPad mini never ran its 5 or bellow. What gives?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
One comment, did anyone else notice that the screenshot was the iOS 5 and bellow settings icon? The one with sharper gear teeth? The iPad mini never ran its 5 or bellow. What gives?
Well based on the actual post, I assume that's not actually a picture off the mini since the OP says "something like the pic attached".

I think he googled this picture. I could be wrong.

dasx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Well based on the actual post, I assume that's not actually a picture off the mini since the OP says "something like the pic attached".

I think he googled this picture. I could be wrong.
Exactly lol. You guys (aPple) have detective potential, huh? I was just trying to give a better exemplification of my issue. It's easier to google for the image than taking a screenshot, cropping and uploading!

6plus

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
Same problem here with ios8 just jailbroke one of my phones that i received today and it's showing 1 on the settings icon

trsblader

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Also looking for something for 8.1. Seems the ones mentioned here aren't compatible with iOS 8 yet.