Remove phone from iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by T2Rife, May 30, 2014.

1. T2Rife macrumors newbie

I recently bought my son a new iPhone. The old one had gotten water on it and wouldn't turn on any longer. When I went through Gazelle to sell it I stated that it did not turn on and got my quote. Now Gazelle is contacting me that activation lock is still on. I've gone to the appropriate find my iPhone login (my sons) and removed it from there. Did I miss something?

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Find my iphone is turned on on the phone itself. I assume if they use it for parts the logic board will still see the activation lock? Maybe gazelle got the phone to turn on and it can't be restored without your password.

3. T2Rife thread starter macrumors newbie

I had removed it previously. I got an email from them this afternoon saying everything is GTG.

Maybe it's just a standard email they send out once they receive the device so it's not "activation locked" before they brother doing a full inspection.

Side note, my original offer for an iP5 32 gb that wouldn't turn on was 80. They upped it to 220. I guess they got it to work. Pretty awesome that they upped the offer like that.

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

When I tried something like Gazelle, (eCycle), they quoted me 40 bucks for my iphone 4. When they got it, they sent me a check of 10 measly bucks. :mad:

5. MacJones macrumors 6502

You might have to call Apple Support to have it removed from their servers. I had to do that to remove my old iPhone from iCloud and iMessage.