Remove photos from Iphone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Peytonhead, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Peytonhead macrumors newbie

How do i remove photos from my iphone 6? i have imported them already to my pc and i no longer need them. please help!

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

If you don't have so many that it makes the task a tedious one, press 'select' at the top right when inside your album, then tick all the photos by pressing them, then select 'delete' (the trash bin icon).

If you have hundreds then connect to your pc or Mac and delete them from there.

3. Peytonhead thread starter macrumors newbie

any ideas how to do this in itunes. like a step by step?

4. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

if you're speaking of photos no your phone that you can't delete because there's no delete icon or option anywhere in the photos app on your phone, then those photos were synced to your phone via itunes. connect your phone to your computer and (in itunes) deselect any albums that you don't want to have on your phone.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

1. Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes
    2. Go to Devices, then select your iPhone
    3. Click on the Photos tab
    4. Uncheck the Synch Photos option and click on Remove Photos
    5. Click Apply.

6. Peytonhead thread starter macrumors newbie

in itunes there is no option for the folders on the phone. i unselected the sync option but there is no remove photos option. any ideas of whats wrong?

7. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

I have the same problem. I do not have any options under photos in iTunes. Just a sync button at the bottom right.

8. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

If you are using iCloud photo library beta, iTunes no longer syncs your photos between computer, iPhone, and iPad. You have to remove the photos from one device, for them to be removed from all your other devices. Is how it is supposed to work.

Now, if you are not using IPLB, and you still have a camera roll showing on your iPhone, if you are using Windows, when you connect your iPhone, Windows should ask you if you'd like to import photos. If you select yes, it copies all your camera roll to your computer's hard drive. You should select remove these photo's from my device to delete your camera roll. Then, in iTunes when you check mark, sync photos, you should be able to select the hard drive directory your photos are located at, and they will be synced to your phone in a more optimized size to help you save storage on your phone.

Then if you don't want these photos synced to your phone any longer, you have to move them from the hard drive folder where iTunes is looking at, to sync back to your phone.

I'm not sure if any of this helps, but this is how I've handled syncing photos in the past with Windows. I now use Macbook's and it's a more simplified process to sync photos. I've went ahead and switched to the iCloud photo library beta, and pay for 200GB a month so I can have all my photos and videos on all my devices and not have to worry about syncing any longer.

9. Dephibio macrumors regular

Borrow Mac if you don't have one. This is the easiest solution:

1. Connect the iPhone to a computer and launch Image Capture.
    2. Select your iPhone under devices.
    3. Select photos you wish to delete.
    4. Botom left corner, click little forbidden sign and you're done.