Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oliii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I have no idea about this so I thought I would ask on here for a friend.

Basically she is buying a iMac off a friend of hers, and it has photoshop (CS4 i presume) installed on it.

But the person selling it then said "thats as your mac and photoshop are registered to me, if im going to sell it, i must remove photoshop before selling due to a licensing agreement."

Do you have to remove photoshop if your selling your mac? I had no idea about this at all and was hoping someone could clear it up.

Thanks

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Do you have to remove photoshop if your selling your mac? I had no idea about this at all and was hoping someone could clear it up.

Yes. Or transfer ownership of Photoshop with the Mac (and therefor the seller has to stop using it). This is true of all paid-for software.

wmw71190

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
In most cases if you have a piece of software that you've registered online, you can update the information (including transfer to another name, address, etc) on the software maker's website. If this girl isn't a friend of your friend, then it makes sense that she wants to keep her software. It costs a lot of money and there are a lot of risks in installing it on multiple machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.