Remove previous email addresses from autocomplete log/database?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by richardc1983, Dec 5, 2010.

1. richardc1983 macrumors regular

Anyway to remove previous email addresses from autocomplete log/database?

Is there any way to remove old email addresses from whatever autocomplete db the apple iphone IOS uses?
    You send an email to someone and that address (doesn't have to be in your contacts!) stays forever. For example say you send an email to tom@aol.com, tom gets a new email address and drops his old. You start typing out his name to send him an email at his new address and his old one still shows up. I have found no way to remove these old email addresses... This seems pretty nuts as all other email apps/programs allow you to remove these.
    Now I guess i could wipe my phone and start all over, that seems insane though since there is no way for me to save my apps and move them without doing a restore (which will give me back the stupid autocomplete!)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Mail -> Window -> Previous Recipients

Then you have to re-sync.

3. richardc1983, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

richardc1983 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry not sure what you mean? I use windows 7 on my computer but its my iphone that this is happening on hence posting it in the Iphone tips and tricks.

I use microsoft outlook and it doesnt happen on there and I can delete entries on there.

4. lemond1975 macrumors newbie

I've got the same problem with the email address appearing. How do you get rid of it?