Remove program from Mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by scallop1, May 20, 2015.

1. scallop1 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac 10.9.5 currently installed in my Mac is Lightroom 4, i am not a Tec guy i wand to un install lightroom and clear it on my hard-drive so i can install the new lightroom and have the space i need.Question how do i do this?
    Thank you anyone for your help.Joe Taylor:cool:

2. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

3. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Is that always sufficient? I've had to go into my Library folder and delete folders related to an app once the app has been removed.

4. Geaux macrumors newbie

I use AppCleaner.

Simple program. All you have to do is drag the app into the window and it adds all folders and files associated with the app install. No need to have lingering folders after deleting an app.

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

+1 for AppCleaner.

Besides, it's free.

6. minifridge1138 macrumors 6502a

Some applications detect old versions of themself and install over them, so I'd install the new version first and see what happens. If you end up with both versions of Lightroom. If you do, then delete the old one.

The majority of the application should be gone when you delete the app form 'Applications'. There will often be a small number of small files (usually configurations and user preferences) left over. These are often left behind so that (1) if you re-install the app later it will have your old saved settings (2) if you were using a trial version that expires it knows when it was originally installed.

Personally, I would find and delete those files myself. I know I'm paranoid, but I have little faith that 3rd party clean up tools will get rid of all of the old "crud" AND won't accidentally delete something I want/need.