Remove Quicksilver from Task List?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bodhisoma, Nov 10, 2009.

1. bodhisoma macrumors newbie

Greetings.

Recently reinstalled OS X and when I reinstalled Quicksilver, I noticed it now appears in the task list when I command-tab whereas it did not before. Switching to QS is never necessary so it just takes up room in the list.

Is it possible to have QS *not* appear in the list like before? Couldn't find anything in the prefs.

Thanks much in advance!

Jason

2. rjames86 macrumors member

Can I assume you're using 10.6.x? I've read that Quicksilver is not supported by SL at this time. I was getting the same issue so I decided to use Migration Assistant to transfer my user account and applications from when I was using 10.5. Apparently this way retains the settings you were using. If you try to go into the prefs for Quicksilver now, its blank. Sorry :(

3. bodhisoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Crud. Well, at least I know it's not (currently) possible so I should stop trying to figure it out. And it's also not the most obtrusive thing in the world so...

Thanks for the reply!

4. rjames86 macrumors member

It really is. Quicksilver is great when the app icon isn't in the dock and in the application switcher. I hope they update this eventually. I refuse to use Spotlight and there isn't much else good out there.